Friday, August 30, 2013
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
BE A WELL-OILED, CONSISTENT, VIDEO CONTENT MACHINE
In the chart below we see a clear
the total amount of views that these videos
Top brands understand that consistent
and frequent content production leads to increased
views on YouTube videos and channels. This claim
is further supported by analyzing the top performing
quartile of the Top 100 Global Brands against the
bottom quartile. In the chart to the right it is clearthat themost successful channels have 50% more videos
than the least successful channels
Major ReportFindings from
pixability / August: 2013
Successful Practices for YouTube Marketing Success
1. Be a well-oiled, consistent, video content machineThe most successful brands have 50% more videos per channel compared to the
least successful ones.
The best-performing brands publish high volumes of content on a regular schedule.
Top aggregate brands publish approximately 78 videos per month. Leading media
brands produce even more: close to 500 videos per month.
2. Take video optimization and YouTube channel architecture seriouslyYouTube is the 2nd largest search engine, so discoverability is key.
YouTube SEO follows very different rules than traditional SEO.
Within traditional SEO—Google prioritizes web pages with YouTube video embeds.
The best performing 25% of Top 100 Global Brands took more care in optimizing
their videos and channels, maintaining twice the number of playlists and video tags
than the bottom 25%.
3. Don’t get caught in the overproduction trap; lesser quality video works well, too
The best YouTube marketers produce a broader range of video content.
Videos do not need to be prime-time quality because those with lower production value
can be just as effective.
4. Apply an “Always On” strategy to video marketing
The most successful brand marketers on YouTube integrate their online video
strategies with their traditional, offline marketing strategies.Successful video marketers don’t hesitate to produce video series for very limited, but
highly engaged audiences, such as event participants.
17 of the Top 100 Global Brands use less than 50% of their channels.
Continued advertising results in sustainable channel growth and subscribers.
5. Apply branding consistently, intelligently and methodically
well as in metadata, which includes titles, tags, and descriptions.
An appropriate level of branding within videos is essential because successful
YouTube videos are often used outside of the context of a branded YouTube channel,
such as website embedding.
Over-branding may limit sharing within independent communities of interest.
6. Adding more content is more important than adding more channels
Successful marketers have YouTube channels that clearly focus on specific target
7. Engage your community with social mediaFacebook and Twitter are among the most important sources of traffic on YouTube
within the Top 100 Global Brands.
Users frequently share videos on social networks, and video content is attractive for
8.The top 25% of brands had significantly higher social sharing of video than the
Viewer sentiment is starting to show distinct trends by industry. Home and luxurysegments have the highest sentiment, while financial services and consumer goods
have the lowest.
© Pixability Inc. 2013. Visit Pixability to learn more or for Local Video Marketing
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Video Marketing Strategy 2013 | Increase Your Video Traffic Formula
By now you probably should have your own YouTube Channel, making videos consistently and increasing your revenue as a YouTube star right? Not exactly how you think YouTube marketing with videos actually is. In this post I am going to share a video marketing strategy in 2013 that will clean up your old and new videos.
One of the challenges I faced before getting noticed on YouTube as a partner was how to get targeted traffic. Some of you making videos and putting up whatever you want or feel like talking about is not helping you get results. Your basically shooting blanks against a red bulls eye target and its a waste of time. It’s not your fault as I use to do the same thing until I took the time to study and learn the formula of generating leads with video marketing.
I am sure you noticed by now through internet marketing that video is powerful. Through creating videos of information that holds value to share with your viewers is what converts a op-tin to a lead. But, some network marketers who are new to video marketing end up failing to understand how to record videos and don’t follow the formula.
Let’s start with the #1 video marketing platform YouTube is where the majority of video marketing traffic is coming from so if you put your focus into the video you are creating for that audience you are going to start attracting the right quality type of leads.
Here are some facts to know:
YouTube is owned by the search engine Google.
YouTube is considered the number two search engine right behind Google (people want video answers!)
YouTube has it’s own sharing portal to easily share through social networking.
Overall average of time spent on watching videos is 15 minutes per day.
YouTube mobile gets over 100 million views per day!
YouTube is responsible for changing the game with small businesses, network marketing and MLM.
Now that we know the facts of why you should be focused on creating more videos here is the formula to follow before uploading your next video.
Video Marketing Strategy 2013 | Formula For Video Marketing
1. Video SEO Optimization ~ Before uploading or pressing the record button on your smart phone or webcam you must first do your “Keyword” research. It makes
sense to keyword video titles based on the most searched keywords people are searching for online in Google. What I use and recommend for beginners is free and
available online a tool known as Google Keyword Tool.
2. Video Has Value ~ Create videos that is content rich with value. No one cares about how much or the facts of your expenses in the production of your product or
service. You want to answer your potential customer or leads questions and provide solutions to their problems. Toss in some bonus tips and strategies so you can
bring in even more value. Consistency and relevancy for video marketing is important, if you skip around and shoot videos at random then your not going to get the
results you want.
3. Video Aftermath ~ Unless you are a hollywood celebrity or singer who is uploading videos and has a enormous following your not going to get noticed. In order for
you to reach the top of Google with your YouTube Channel is to stand out from your competition doing the 3 steps and learning the fundementals of video
Video Marketing Strategy 2013 | How To Make A Great Video
1. Plan ahead and write your script out for informational videos but if your ranting no script is needed.
2. Film your video with a white, black or nature outdoor background. Avoid crappy lighting it will come out horrible in your videos.
3. Brand your video.
4. Keep your video under 3 minutes.
5. Include the keyword in the video, in the title, and in the description but don’t have it look spammy let it flow.
6. Avoid long boring titles and headlines.
7. Use a microphone or headset but not webcam audio because it will sound choppy.
8. Give a call to action.
I trust this information will help your Video Marketing Strategy 2013 go to the next level.
See you on the next post, take care.
This blog post written by:
Rich Guzman and Anastacia Hauldridge